Saturday, September 18, 2010

09/18/2010 - Paul McCartney..If You Knew Then What You Know Now...


Paul McCartney..If You Knew Then What You Know Now...
You probably wouldn't have been able to sit still for David Frost's interview...


As I prepared to do my dishes this morning, I searched around on the YouTube to find an interview or other brain food that would keep me entertained whilst doing my dreaded chore.  I always check my YouTube homepage first because the random nature of the universe might pop something up there that I'm supposed to see. :)   Today it did .... Thanks Universe!!  :)


Below is an interview clip from April 15th 1964.

::from BeatlesInterviews.org
::
Paul McCartney sat down with David Frost for a brief interview that would be telecast on May 18th as part of the BBC television program 'A Degree Of Frost.' The interview was conducted in front of a live studio audience. Frost and McCartney discuss songwriting, the Beatles ambitions, and their upcoming movie. At the time of this interview, the Beatles were just 2 weeks into shooting their first feature film, A Hard Day's Night.

David Frost is considered the epitome of successful British television presenters. Beginning in 1962, the popularity of Frost's TV programs has continued through the years, showcasing him as the interviewer of high-profile political figures as well as pop icons. 


What I found so fascinating about this interview ... aside from the fact that I could listen to Paul McCartney narrating an ant eating a bale of hay ... is the "retrospect-a-vision" nature of it.  As I hovered over the YouTube as David Frost inquired of McCartney regarding his future plans and ambitions, I gasped and giggled as the transcript below reached it's end....
DAVID FROST: "Of course, I imagine, everybody says to you that the Pop world is very short-lived... and 'What will you do when the phase passes.' Or 'Do you think the phase will pass?' Does it worry you?"
 
PAUL: "No. I couldn't care less, really, if we flopped tomorrow. It'd be sad, you know... but it wouldn't really worry me."
 
DAVID FROST: "Could you go back to doing something else?"
 
PAUL: "I'd miss doing this. But I think I'd think of something else to do."
 
DAVID FROST: "What would you like to do?"
 
PAUL: "Write songs for other people."
 
DAVID FROST: "Completely different?"
 
PAUL: "Completely different. Or... retire, you know."
(laughter)
 
DAVID FROST: "Well, it will be a great pleasure to watch Paul McCartney in retirement, but it will probably be in the year about 2010 I should think."
Source: Transcribed by www.beatlesinterviews.org from video copy of the interview

In 1964, people probably assumed by 2010 that we'd be zipping around in space cars or something...  Those may exist, but they're not mainstream yet ... at least not in Southern IL ....

I did just find out a couple of weeks ago that you can get a tractor with a TV INSIDE!!  It'll set ya' back quite a bit of cabbage .. I'd suggest using a windshield made of Plexiglas, mounting a bracket to it and installing a solar panel and portable TV.  Evidently those rigs that come equipped with the TV will drive themselves .. I'm sure that would be a lot safer.

Anywho, my brain found it so entertaining that Paul McCartney was sitting there in 1964, while Frost suggested he would be retired by 2010 (!!) ... probably with a space car or a TV'd tractor that drives itself, though we didn't hear him say that :)  ....  having no idea that he would be an inter-galactically known superstar of not-often-seen proportions .....

Here's some of the current news on McCartney ....
obviously not dawdling around in a nursing home ......




Stiiiiiiiiill Touring........and merchandising, writing and news lettering
to an extent that I'm sure would have been unfathomable in 1964....

Paul McCartney concert march 30 2010 Pictures, Images and Photos


::Extra Goodies::

The Interview w/ David Frost


Go HERE to see a clip from a tour stop earlier this month!

He can be found in the ::2009 Guinness Book of World Records::
Sir Paul McCartney became the Most Successful Songwriter who has written/co written 188 charted records, of which 91 reached the Top 10 and 33 made it to No.1 totalling 1,662 weeks on the chart (up to the beginning of 2008)

Paul McCartney, if I may say so ... I'm tickled pink that you're still with us on a public level!!
Until next time...
Have a Grand and Groovy Day!!
If you liked it, share it!!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts This Week...

Most Popular Posts of All Time...