Friday, June 25, 2010

Overkill by Men at Work

I hate to have to remind myself why I'm exhausted and feel craptacular. 

It's amazing the path we can take when we sit down to get online.  Just as I was off to bed last night, I logged onto youtube to hear a song that'd been stuck in my head all day.  It all began as I was brushing my teeth around 8:40 central time.  It would've been fine for me to still be brushing my teeth at 8:40 if I worked in the same time zone.  My workplace time clock is ten minutes ahead of the central time zone, therefore it was actually 8:50 "workplace time" and my estimated travel time to work is eight minutes.


Anywho, back to the song ... I was listening to WQQR as I do most mornings while getting ready for work.  I'd left the

bathroom as I walked around my apartment brushing my teeth with one hand and moving things to my loading zone on the couch with the other.  I ventured down the hallway and into the bathroom.

Now let me just stop right there ... I think everyone has a list of their 10 favorite songs of all time.  I've never officially put one together, but on it would absolutely ... positively ... beyond a shadow of a doubt be; Overkill by Men at Work.


I'm not particularly a large fan of Men at Work.  I like them ... I'm mostly familiar with their mainstream radio stuff and probably couldn't name five of their songs if you had a gun to my head.  Anywho,  I literally turned up the radio in the bathroom as loud as it could possibly go and closed the door as I finished getting ready for work.  As the song reached it's end and I tapped out my ciggie in my favorite ash tray on earth .... the DJ mentioned that this song was used in the tv series Scrubs.  "You are SO right, local radio DJ!" 

Colin Hay's voice swirled in my head ... what an amazing song.  The melody of Overkill was never far from my brain as the day progressed on.  Several times I thought of hitting youtube to hear it,
but it wasn't that important.  Throughout Thursday evening, a time or two ... when things were silent ... BAM ... out of nowhere, "It's just overkill...."

As bed time neared, I realized I really needed to hear the song in it's entirety ... afterall, I had missed the beginning of it that morning as I was setting up the loading dock on the west end of the Ocho.  =)

After playing through it a few times I realized I also needed to see some clips from the Scrubs episode it aired on ... I can't remember anything about the episode aside from the fact that Overkill was featured .... and that Dr. Cox broke Colin Hay's guitar against the wall. 
Luckily for you I've found clips of both ... you're welcome!! :)





Do you have a song stuck in your head today? 

If so, what is it? 



Click Here to Read More of 
the Ochorific Song o' the Day



3 comments:

  1. umm bop by hanson dont know why i just do lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Tiffy ... I could drive down there and push you in a mud puddle for getting that song in MY head now .... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to go one better than just a song being stuck in my head, Ms. Jackochoson. Due to my ongoing campaign to help you be able to name five Men At Work songs (as they are one of my favorite 80's bands,) I will have several of their songs stuck in my head at once all day today.

    And it won't bother me a bit. :)

    Peace,
    Sean

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts This Week...

Most Popular Posts of All Time...