Thursday, September 16, 2010

09/16/2010 - Feelin' Alright

 As with many of you, my work week kicks off on Monday and this week I'm preparing for a Harvest Moon Celebration to be held next week. It hasn't been my intention to miss three days of posting a song ... it just happened.  This week has entirely flown away from me and I can't believe it's already Friday Eve!!!!! 


I'm relieved because I want to spend some time at home in my cocoon of creativity this weekend, but it makes me want to throw up


a little because I'll have only three full days left to prepare for the Harvest Moon Celebration when I return to work from the weekend.  Anywho, we're not here to stress about all of that ....

When I fell off of the earth on Monday night after posting the Ocho-rific Cover by Lily Allen, I really had no earthly idea where we were going next. I have read about Jeff Lynne till I thought my eyes would cross!  I've learned a lot of interesting things though.  As some of you may know, we're only at the tip of the iceberg with Jeff Lynn ... and we will visit him again soon.


Today's
Ocho-rific
Song o the Day...



You may be tempted to ask, "Kim Jackson ... how in the name of Peter, Paul and Mary did you get to the Black Crowes doing "Feelin Alright" in 1994 from ELO doing "Mr. Blue Sky" in 1977"? 

We left off with ELO, from which I plucked Jeff Lynne. 

Jeff Lynne worked with Joe Cocker on a single called Showdown. 

That happened to be one of Lennon's favorite albums, by the way. 

Anywho ... I don't much care for the song, Showdown ... certainly not enough for it to be an Ocho-rific Song o the Day.  So I skipped to "Feelin Alright" which is quite possibly my favorite song ever performed by Joe Cocker.  I then found that clip of the Black Crows covering the song on Letterman....really liked it ...
and Bob's Your Uncle!! ... here we are!

Now, you should know that although this song is probably most popularly done by Joe Cocker; it was actually written by ::WIKI "FACT"::  Dave Mason of the band Traffic.  The song was also a hit single for several artists: Joe Cocker (1969, #69, recharted in 1972, US#33), Mongo SantamarĂ­a (1969, #95) and Grand Funk Railroad (1971, US#54). It has also been covered by Three Dog Night (1969), Lou Rawls, Paul Weller, Lulu, Rare Earth, Mother's Finest (1973), The Ohio Players (1971), Diana Ross with the Jackson 5 (1971), Maceo Parker, Gladys Knight & the Pips and The Black Crowes. It was also featured in the 2000 film, Duets sung by Huey Lewis.

Seems I've got to have a change of scene,
'Cause every night I have the strangest dream.
Imprisoned By the way it could have been
Left here on my own or so it seems.
I've got to leave before I start to scream,
But someones locked the door and took the key.

[chorus]
You feelin alright?
Not feelin to good myself.
Well, you feelin alright?
Not feelin to good myself.

Well boy, you sure took me for one big ride,
And even now I sit and wonder why,
And when I think of you I start to cry,
I just can't waste my time I must keep dry.
Gotta stop believing in all your lies,
'Cause there's too much to do before I die.

[chorus]
You feelin alright?
Not feelin to good myself.
Well, you feelin alright?
Not feelin to good myself.

Don't get too lost in all I say,
At the time I really felt that way,
But that was then and now it's today.
Can't get up yet and so I'm here to stay,
Til someone comes along and takes my place,
With a different name just a different face.

[chorus - 4x]
You feelin alright?
Not feelin to good myself.
Well, you feelin alright?
Not feelin to good myself.


::Extra Goodies::
"This thing about me being spastic is something I can't get away from. I did The David Letterman Show not long ago, and he is still going on about me being spastic. I can't talk about anything else when I go on those shows."  During the time of "You Are So Beautiful," I was working at Village Recorders, in Los Angeles, and someone comes into the studio and says, "Joe, we've got this video to show you that you're not going to like." I don't know how long Saturday Night Live had been on the air, because I never watched much TV, but when I saw this video of John Belushi doing me being spastic and pouring beer, I became hysterical."

Everyone else said, "Joe, you're not supposed to find this amusing. You're supposed to find this gross and inoffensive." I said, "Oh, come on. You can't not laugh at this." I didn't even know who Belushi was.
Moving my hand around is subconscious with me. A lot of the time I'm more or less conducting the band, just keeping a feel. I don't know why I do it. It's just one of those things."
_________________________________
______________________________________________________
Until next time...
Have a Grand and Groovy Day!!
If you liked it, share it!!
Bookmark and Share
Please and Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts This Week...

Most Popular Posts of All Time...