Saturday, October 23, 2010

10/23/10 - Tarzan Boy Feedback and TODAY'S Ocho-rific Song o the Day!


I visited a friend on Wednesday night who hadn't yet seen Wednesday's blog.  This particular friend is not a big fan of "new music" ... and by "new music"; I mean anything released by anyone who was not recording music in the 70s. :)


As I plopped myself in the chair I gleefully asked, "How'd ya like that 80's tune today?!"


He told me that he hadn't yet read today's blog and we went on to chat about Alan Parsons.  I listened intently as he told me that Alan Parsons did some production work for the Beatles AND on Dark Side of the Moon.  He followed it up with, you'd better check that out ...
my memories not what it used to be.

We talked about everything from stop lights to moon shine and as it neared nine I told him I needed to scoot so he could read my blog. 

He asked me, "How bad is it?....."       
"1985.... 1985"; I said solemnly.
He grimaced.

I haven't had a chance to chat with him yet and find out if he enjoyed Tarzan Boy in any way, shape, form or fashion ... but I've got a hunch he didn't.  I am going to 'bird dog' some of the leads he gave me on Alan Parsons and we'll have a big Ocho-rific Alan Parson's Day ...

On the "all mighty Facebook page" a reader insists that he kind of liked the song until he saw the video, but would now have to "digest some Crue, Scorpions, Metallica and possibly Quiet Riot.  If you promise to keep reading as you get a chance, I'll promise to do a big ole blog full of these four bands for you as soon as possible.  (by the 2nd week of November for sure!) :)

And now, for today's
Ocho-rific Song o the Day...

Welcome to

Wherever You Are
Bon Jovi - 2006



::from SongMeanings.net::

Maybe we're all different but we're still the same
We all got the blood of Eden running through our veins
I know sometimes it's hard for you to see
You're caught between just who you are and who you want to be

If you feel alone and lost and need a friend
Remember every new beginning is some beginning's end

Welcome to wherever you are
This is your life; you made it this far
Welcome, you got to believe
That right here, right now
You're exactly where you're supposed to be
Welcome to wherever you are

When everybody's in and you're left out
And you feel you're drowning in the shadow of a doubt
Everyone's a miracle in their own way
Just listen to yourself, not what other people say

When it's seems you're lost, alone and feeling down
Remember everybody's different; just take a look around

Welcome to wherever you are
This is your life; you made it this far
Welcome, you got to believe
Right here, right now
You're exactly where you're supposed to be

Be who you want to be
Be who you are
Everyone's a hero
Everyone's a star

When you want to give up and your heart's about to break
Remember that you're perfect; God makes no mistakes

Welcome to wherever you are
This is your life; you made it this far
Welcome, you got to believe
Right here, right now
You're exactly where you're supposed to be
And I say welcome
I say welcome
Welcome




::WIKI "FACTS"::
"Welcome to Wherever You Are" is a song by rock band Bon Jovi from their 2005 album, Have a Nice Day. It was released as the album's third single in the US, following "Have a Nice Day" and "Who Says You Can't Go Home", while worldwide it was released as the album's second single.

"Welcome to Wherever You Are" failed to gain success in the US, but it reached the top 40 in several European countries, including the UK (#19)[1], Italy (#33) and Germany (#40)[2]. Speaking about the song on Larry King Live, Jon Bon Jovi said "I thought for sure this was going to be a universal, timeless theme song of unity, diversity. Not a hit, not even close. Swing and a miss."[3]

"Welcome to Wherever You Are" is a song of affirmation, about accepting who you are and being comfortable in your own skin. Jon Bon Jovi claims the song is greatly influenced by events during the 2004 Presidential Election.[3] Jon campaigned for John Kerry during that time. The song is also notable for being one of the few Bon Jovi songs lacking a guitar solo.




::Extra Goodies::
I found this little inspirational goodie while googling around on today's song...

It's Your Life by Steven Pace
I went on to read a bit of the blog and he has some tremendously encouraging words.  If you're "into" getting motivated, you should check it out!!




Until next time...
Have a Grand and Groovy Day!!
If you liked it, share it!!
Bookmark and Share


Want MORE of the Ochorific Song of the Day?  May I suggest the "New? Start Here!" page! 

1 comment:

  1. Your friend should open their mind a bit more. I can understand hating a specific genre of music (myself, I hate country music,) but to stop listening to any music made after a specific era is to suggest that one has stopped growing since that era.

    Which is nothing to be proud of, if you ask me.

    There are few things in this world that make me more violently ill than some music snob who thinks that Stairway To Heaven was the last great song ever written.

    They might as well just lay down and die in fact as they have metaphorically and be honest about it.

    That's just me, though. :)

    Peace,
    T.H.E. Ellisman

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts This Week...

Most Popular Posts of All Time...