Friday, October 15, 2010

10/15/2010 - Eastbound and Down - Jerry Reed - 1977

Good morning ... and again, sorry for the hiatus.   
As I've said before, sometimes life gets in the way.    I'd like nothing more (well, not maybe NOTHING more), but I would really like for this to be a daily event ... but when the day is full and something has to go; this is one of the first things to get tossed.  



Last night, I arrived home from picking up some ciggies and visiting with a friend and sat down in the coziness of my kitchen to churn out an Ocho-rific Song o the Day ... and possibly a little something quirky for "Journey to the Nucleus of my Noggin" to off-set the snippiness I posted earlier in the week.    I went to my

blogger queue to see what songs I'd popped in there on the fly that I might now finish up and turn Ocho-rific for you.    As I scanned down through some obscure 80's tune, a few "hippie" anthems and about twenty Lennon songs ... none of them tickled my fancy....   (**gasp!!**)

My next step at that point is usually to go to the YouTube suggestions page.  I operate in a way that causes me to be open to the fact that the Universe may put something on that page that is PERFECT!  Some people think that's weird ... but you know what Paul McCartney says....

“I used to think anyone doing anything weird was weird.
Now I know that it is the people that call others weird that are weird.”
Paul McCartney

Anywho, so I went to YouTube ... and Low and Behold (!!!) .... 
A clip from the 1977 classic, Smokey and the Bandit!

I watched the clip ... one of my faves from the movie.  (the one where Jackie Gleason walks into the roadside joint and says, "Lemme havea Diablo Sammich (!), a Docatah Peppah (!) and make it fast ... I'm in a Gotdamn hurry. ((I DO hope that translates as Sheriff Buford T. Justice)) :) 


Anywho ... one of my favorite upbeat hits of all-time is Eastbound and Down - Jerry Reed, so I simply had to make it today's Ocho-rific Song o the Day.   I've included the original movie trailer in the ::Extra Goodies::.. as well as a link to songfacts.

Enjoy!!

_______________
And now, for today's
Ocho-rific Song o the Day...

_______________


Eastbound and Down - Jerry Reed


::from SongMeanings.net::

Chorus:
Eastbound and down, loaded up and truckin'
Are we gonna do what they say can't be done?
We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there
I'm eastbound, just watch ol' Bandit run

Keep your foot hard on the pedal
Son, never mind them brakes
Let it all hang out 'cause we got a run to make
The boy's are thirsty in Atlanta
And there's beer in Texarkana
And we'll bring it back, no matter what it takes

Chorus

Ol' Smokey's got them ears on
He's hot on your trail
And he ain't gonna rest 'til your in jail
So you gotta dodge 'im, you gotta duck 'im
You gotta keep that diesel truckin'
Just put that hammer down and give 'im hell

Chorus

_______________


::WIKI "FACTS"::
*"East Bound and Down" is the title of a song written by Jerry Reed and Dick Feller, and recorded by Reed for the soundtrack for the film Smokey and the Bandit.
*Released as a single on RCA Records, the song spent sixteen weeks on the U.S. country music charts, reaching a peak of #2.[1] It also reached #3 on the Bubbling Under Hot 100.

_______________

::Extra Goodies::

::SongFacts.com::


- 1977 Film Trailer -


_______________

Click Here to Read More of 
the Ochorific Song o' the Day
Until next time...
Have a Grand and Groovy Day!!
If you liked it, share it!!
Bookmark and Share
Please and Thanks!!

Want MORE of the Ochorific Song of the Day?  May I suggest the "New? Start Here!" page! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts This Week...

Most Popular Posts of All Time...