Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Here I Am .... Where We Are with Six Degrees and Whatnot....

Happy Wednesday and Sorry for the Delay! :)
When we left off with 6 Degrees of Separation ... we were with Joe Cocker and Feelin' Alright.  In that blog you'll also find a version of Feelin' Alright by the Black Crows.


One of the things I allowed to sidetrack me from moving on (aside from being busy in real life) was John Belushi.

Now you may be tempted to ask, "Kim Jackson, how could John Belushi be responsible for your procrastination when he's been dead for nearly 30 years?"

Well, as some of you may know ... Joe Cocker is known for his "spastic" mannerisms onstage...John Belushi was well know for his impersonation of Joe Cocker during the hay days of the late 70s...
___________________________________________________________________________
"This thing about me being spastic is something I can't get away from. I did The David Letterman Show not long ago, and he is still going on about me being spastic. I can't talk about anything else when I go on those shows." 

During the time of "You Are So Beautiful," I was working at Village Recorders, in Los Angeles, and someone comes into the studio and says, "Joe, we've got this video to show you that you're not going to like." I don't know how long Saturday Night Live had been on the air, because I never watched much TV, but when I saw this video of John Belushi doing me being spastic and pouring beer, I became hysterical."

Everyone else said, "Joe, you're not supposed to find this amusing. You're supposed to find this gross and inoffensive." I said, "Oh, come on. You can't not laugh at this." I didn't even know who Belushi was. Moving my hand around is subconscious with me. A lot of the time I'm more or less conducting the band, just keeping a feel. I don't know why I do it. It's just one of those things."
_____________________________________________________________________

I then went on a binge of John Belushi videos and found some really interesting things... for example, in 1979 - John Belushi had a #1 movie, a #1 TV Show and a #1 album all at the same time. As of the production of the video below, he was the only performer to have ever accomplished such such a trifecta.

::audio warning::
The audio in the video below is lacking, but this is the first segment of
an absolutely fascinating documentary detailing the last 24 hours of John Belushi's life.


The thing is, I wound up watching not only the Final 24 documentary on John Belushi, but countless Animal House and SNL clips.  While I was perusing the SNL clips, I wandered into Chris Farley territory and then went in search of a Final 24 documentary on him. (which I did not find) 

What it boils down to is I spent the time I had allotted for getting my blog info ready for the week on perusing the lives of a couple of the greatest comedians of our time ... filling my apartment will melancholy laughter as I pondered the thought that comedians of that caliber are few and far between, more so with each passing generation.

Which brings me to the next point of discussion ... 6 Degrees of Separation is going to change to "an occasional feature".  While I do LOVE the theory of the 6 Degrees of Separation game, it really requires me to 'color inside the lines' and do 'homework' and I can't commit to doing that everyday :) 
If you are ONLY wanting to catch up on 6 Degrees of Separation and don't give a rat's shiny patute about the Ocho-rific Song o' the Day, you can click HERE at any given time or click on the "6 Degrees" tag near the top of the page.  Either option will bring up only the blogs that I've tagged as being part of "6 Degrees of Separation".

The Ocho-rific Song o the Day will hit your in-box very shortly....
Don't forget to subscribe, share the links and tell your friends about
the Ocho-rific Song o the Day!
Until just a few minutes from now...
Have a Grand and Groovy Day!!
If you liked it, share it!!
Bookmark and Share
Please and Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts This Week...

Most Popular Posts of All Time...