Saturday, September 11, 2010

09/11/2010 - More ::Extra Goodies:: - Tom Petty - Into the Great Wide Open - w/ a Life Lesson and a Note to Tom Petty!!

MORE
::Extra Goodies::
On the topic of subscribing and asking people if they're reading along with the
Ocho-rific Song o the Day, I have a story to share ....  you're welcome!! =)  



One of my best friends announced to me on her patio the other night that she had deleted the "bookmark" I'd placed in her phone


for the Ocho-rific Song o the Day.  I had offered to put it on her phone after she told me that she didn't look around online that much because she only gets online with her phone....

So as I sat there, with my chin on the floor ... her daughter..now in her 20's with a new baby of her own ..  said, "Mom!!! You don't say things like that to people!!!!!"

I laughed and reassured them both that I would much rather her say "I don't read your blog and I deleted the link." than "Ummm... I've been busy....I haven't seen it yet this week.......".  

I can assure you...any of you :) ..  if you wrote a blog about quantum physics and asked me to read along ... I'd say, "I'm thrilled that you're writing!!  I'll bop in and check it out!  I support you 100%...I'll share your links and help you with your marketing if you want...but I can't make a commitment to read a blog about quantum physics every day.  I'm not even sure if I know what quantum physics IS....  If anything major or newsworthy happens,
I WOULD like for you to give me a heads up though...."

Be honest with your friends, people .... they deserve it. 

If YOU'RE the type of person who would rather someone tell you that your dress makes you look like a size 0 when it really makes you look like you ate the neighbors ...
then you need to have an honest chat with yourself.
___________________________________________________________________

On that note, I'm going to share a fabulous Tom Petty song to wrap up this little run we've had of Petty-licious fun .... Much to my elation, I think the video is actually going to post below. 


((Note to Tom Petty:: You have worn my fanny out posting jump links this week!!!!! You are a phenomenal legend and it p*sses me off that you don't make your videos and such more easily shared!! That is all ... carry on.... ))

Into the Great Wide Open - Tom Petty -
Not only does it portray a very important life lesson about KARMA ...
but it features Johnny Depp as "Eddie" and
a guy playing drums on dixie cups with matchsticks.  Amazing imagery in this video!!



::Wiki "FACTS"::
*The music video for the single, directed by Julien Temple, starred Johnny Depp as the protagonist named Eddie Rebel, Gabrielle Anwar as Eddie's girlfriend, Faye Dunaway as Eddie's manager and featured cameos by Tom Petty as the Roadie named Bart (as well as the tattoo artist and reporter), Terence Trent D'Arby, Petty's manager Tony Dimitriades, Chynna Phillips of Wilson Phillips and Matt LeBlanc, later of Friends.[1] The video was shot while the filming of Arizona Dream, in which both Depp and Dunaway starred, was on hiatus as its director Emir Kusturica had suffered a nervous breakdown. The song was extended in order to include more of the 18 minutes of footage Temple had created.

The video starts like a storybook narration, as Eddie's story unfolds. Eddie arrives in Hollywood after graduating high school and joins the local scene. He finds a girl (Anwar) who has the same tattoo as he does; a heart impaled with a stilleto knife. As Eddie works as a doorman, his girlfriend teaches him to play guitar. Their landlady (Dunaway) turns out to be a cross between a fairy godmother and a svengali, managing his increasing success as a rock star.
*Unfortunately the success goes to Eddie's head, as he becomes more indulgent (getting drunk and rude at an award ceremony and losing his temper in a music video shoot). Things come to a head when he excludes his manager from a red carpet event. Infuriated, his manager (Dunaway) waves her wand and breaks the spell, with disastrous results. Eddie's career quickly fizzles, his girlfriend/wife leaves him, and the heart in his tattoo fades away. The story closes with Eddie returning to the tattoo parlor, where he finds a newcomer (LeBlanc) getting the same tattoo from a new tattoo artist (Depp). Tom Petty then closes the video with the classic fairy tale ending that "they all lived happily ever after".

____________________________________________________________
Click Here to Read More of 
the Ochorific Song o' the Day

Until next time...
Have a Grand and Groovy Day!!
If you liked it, share it!!
Bookmark and Share
Please and Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts This Week...

Most Popular Posts of All Time...