Saturday, September 11, 2010

09/11/2010- 6 Degree Intermission & a Splash More of the Traveling Wilburys!!


Happy Saturday!! 

Whilst some of you Cats and Kittens spent your evenings out and about in your cities enjoying cocktails and crowded watering holes; I was settled into my couch and absolutely delighted to be there...with Chinese leftovers and a bounty of DVR goodness =) perusing the "interweb" and looking at visitor stats for the Ocho-rific Song o the Day.




I'm absolutely delighted to report that in the short little life of this blog (1st post on this site - 08/23/2010)

it has had almost 200 visits and 400 hits by about 90 of you.  The ONLY thing I hate about that is that I can name about 15 of you who mention regularly reading.  I spent some time yesterday evening setting up a fan page and a "like" button.  At press time the only people who "LIKE" the Ocho-rific Song o the Day are myself and my friend, Pat.  So if the other 88 could go click it ... that would be the bee's knees!! :)

I'll put the links at the bottom and I'd be beside myself with glee if you put them to good use.((Call it youngest child syndrome, gold stars and pats on the head work well for me)) :n}_________________________________________________________________

Okay ... it's time to figure out where we are ...

A 6 Degree Wrap Up

09/06/2010 - Right Now - Van Halen
09/07/2010 - Give to Live - Sammy Hagar
09/08/2010 - Runnin' Down a Dream - Tom Petty
09/09/2010 - Saving Grace - Tom Petty
09/10/2010 - End of the Line - Traveling Wilburys

We are now at the Traveling Wilburys ... a super-group which consisted of Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, George Harrison and Jeff Lynne .. accompanied by drummer Jim Keltner.

I'm going to give you another Traveling Wilburys fave this morning.
((  this is not our Ocho-rific Song o the Day, btw...this is just an ::Extra Goody:: :)  ))  



________________________________________________


::More at SongFacts.com::
::More at Ask.com::

::Wiki "FACTS"::

"Casting about for a song idea while relaxing in a garden near Bob Dylan's recording studio, Harrison was inspired when he noticed a box in Dylan's garage that was labelled "Handle with Care". The box also inspired the opening line: "been beat up and battered around." The complete song quickly followed, with different members of the gathering contributing various lines. The group moved to a recording studio and quickly laid down the basic tracks which were later polished by eventual Wilburys producer Jeff Lynne."

_______________________________________________

If everything goes as planned I have a few dandy posts for y'all today and as I sit here and finish up my java I'm going to write them up and schedule them to post throughout the day. 

Enjoy!!
___________________________________________________

The Link to "LIKE" the Ocho-rific Song o the Day on "the Facebook"!

p.s. If that doesn't get you there, go to the "search" on FB and type in ocho.

Until next time ...
Have a Grand and Groovy Day!!
If you liked it, share it!!
Bookmark and Share
Please and Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts This Week...

Most Popular Posts of All Time...