Wednesday, September 8, 2010

09/08/2010 - ::Extra Goodies:: - Tom Petty - Moondance Jam, Farm Aid, Local Food & a DVD Trailer!


::Extra Goodies::

In this morning's Ocho-rific Song o the Day, it was referenced that both Sammy Hagar (with Van Halen) and Tom Petty performed at the first Farm Aid in 1985.




In 1985 I was 11 ... so farming, farm aid ... none of that seemed very cool to me.  I certainly wasn't as big of a

music fan then as now ... so it's a tiny little blip on my retro-spectavision.

HOWEVAH ... 25 years later, it's much easier to understand the importance of things like "Farm Aid" and buying food from local growers.  Therefore, I'm going to take this opportunity to share a few links with you.  I hope that you'll take a moment to check them out. 

Farm Aid Website


Local Matters - Covering Local Food Issues for Southern Illinois


I also mentioned Moondance Jam.  I was absolutely unaware of this event until I found it while poking around online last night, but it looks like an amazing weekend of music! 

One last thing to be revisited .... from 2007...

Tom Petty - Runnin' Down A Dream DVD Trailer

For the tracklisting and album notes on Full Moon Fever OR more on Tom Petty, click HERE!


Until tomorrow...
Have a Grand and Groovy Day!!
If you liked it, share it!!
Bookmark and Share  
Please and Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts This Week...

Most Popular Posts of All Time...