Friday, August 27, 2010

August 27th, 2010 - Don't Look Back - Boston




::Yesterday, on the Ocho-rific Song o the Day::

.......................**insert "flashback waviness" here**......................
Bravo for the soundtracks of John Hughes' films!!
I couldn't find any song facts on this one and I'm running a little too late this morning
to go on a hunt, but what a great song ...
the lyrics of which hold a clue for tomorrow's
Ocho-rific Song o the Day!!




_____________________________

Well I have to say, I'm absolutely appalled that as of press time; no one has even attempted to guess at today's Ocho-rific Song o the Day!! However, I will live ... :)  


I have no large life discombobulations to refer to today,
just a grand and groovy up-beat hit!

HOWEVAH you might be interested in a little "On this Day" before we begin:
1939 – First flight of the turbojet-powered Heinkel He 178, the world's first jet aircraft.

1967 – Brian Epstein - R.I.P.

1993 – The Rainbow Bridge, connecting Tokyo's Shibaura and the island of Odaiba, is completed.


::Today's
Ocho-rific
Song o the Day
::
Don't Look Back
Boston
1978

Don't look back
A new day's breakin'
It's been too long since I felt this way
I don't mind where I get taken
The road is callin'
Today is the day

I can see
It took so long to realize
I'm much too strong
Now to compromise
Now I see what I am is holding me down
I'll turn it around

I finally see the dawn arrivin'
I see beyond the road I'm drivin'
Far away and left behind

It's a new horizon and I'm awakin' now
Oh I see myself in a brand new way
The sun is shinin'
the clouds are breakin'
'Canse I can't lose now, there's no game to play

I can tell
There's no more time left to criticize
I've seen what I could not recognize
Everything in my life was leading me on
but I can be strong

I finally see the dawn arrivin'
I see beyond the road I'm drivin'
Far away and left behind


________________________________________

This is the title track and first song on Boston's second album. Their debut album is one of the best selling of all time, so there were great expectations for this one. The song is about looking ahead and making the most of your time on Earth.

The distorted guitar sound was created by devices designed by group leader Tom Scholz. He has an engineering degree from M.I.T.

________________________________________________
::WIKI "Facts"::
Absolutely one of the great upbeat hits, EVAH!!
Happy Friday!
Have a grand and groovy day!
Bookmark and Share
Please and Thanks!!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the words to this song...and I hope the posting of this song...was no accident! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts This Week...

Most Popular Posts of All Time...