Saturday, October 30, 2010

10/30/2010 - Halloween - 1978 - the Soundtrack

Let me preface this by saying that if you were to ask my favorite horror flick of all time, my answer would unequivocally, hands down be Halloween.   I don't identify that with any "numbers" or such because it shouldn't need them ... but I am referring to the 1978 Halloween.




There were a couple of sequels that were good ... there were a few that were tolerable and relatively entertaining, there was one that didn't have anything to do with the Halloween series at all (which I have not seen to this day and don't plan to) and then there were of course the most recent efforts by Rob Zombie, which I fully intend to try and understand...


- Halloween - the Trailer -


Siskel & Ebert BOTH liked it in 1980 ...


They couldn't have hit the nail on the head more solidly, that Siskel and Ebert ..

the soundtrack of Halloween gives me chills to this day and has startled me a half dozen times since I began writing ... as I have oodles of windows open and every now and then one will start playing the Halloween theme ....You remember the Halloween theme, don't you?



Of course you do!  The most un-nerving movie score on the face of the earth ... that's what THAT is!

 Way back in the early-80's, my oldest brother had the Halloween album ...  In hindsight, I imagine he probably turned it on a million times to send me shrieking in fear to another area of the house ... but for a bit, I would absolutely delight in the terror.  After a while, it was all I could handle and I'd go running for my mother's apron strings.


The only tid-bits I've found for you on the actual Halloween theme are the following .. I've added them from http://www.imdb.com/
*John Carpenter composed the score in 4 days.

*The Halloween theme is written in the rare 5/4 time signature.
John Carpenter learned this rhythm from his father.

I've posted a link below  to the SoundTrackGeek.com  ... He covered this sound track and is obviously far more in tune to discuss instrumental music than I.

The Soundtrack Geek does the Halloween Soundtrack..


Much Much More coming up this weekend in the way of Halloween!!

Until next time...
Have a Grand and Groovy Day!!
If you liked it, share it!!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts This Week...

Most Popular Posts of All Time...