Saturday, September 4, 2010

And YOUR First Concert Was?

Happy Saturday!!

I'm still editing pics from Thursday Night's Styx show in DuQuoin. 


I'll give you a teaser...
This was taken by me while I was screaming with every fiber of my being,
"Tommy Shaaaaw!!! My shirt is from 1981 Paradise Theatre ..
PLEEEEEASE, TOMMY SHAAAAAW look up HEEEEEEEERE!"

The update on my pride and joy vintage Styx Paradise Theatre t-shirt from 1981 is that it has not yet been signed.  I was dead set on not coming home from DuQuoin without signatures; but once they're in the bus ... they're in the bus.  However a kind roadie did admire my shirt and give me a set list.  So that was groovy.

ANYWHO...

If you want to catch a video of that show,
you can check out yesterday's Lunchtime Quickie,
"Nicely Done, Pop Bumper!".

_____________

As I sat here editing pics and watching youtube

videos in a side window ... I was reminded of a trip that my friend Mary and I took to see Styx, REO Speedwagon and Night Ranger in Fall of 2009. 

Jack Blades of Night Ranger had a very interesting banter with the band and a few well seated fans regarding whom everyone first saw in concert.  More about that particular concert another day ... but until then; I have, much to my delight .. found a few clips on youtube that cover the chat about concerts.  Better yet, the chat was followed up by a short accoustic piece featuring
Shaw*Blades doing an ole Damn Yankees fave.

Enjoy!!












Oh ... and my first concert, should you have any interest whatsoever;
was the Oak Ridge Boys at the Sikeston Jaycee Rodeo circa 1983ish.

What was yours? 

Tell us below!!

Until next time ...
Have a Grand and Groovy Day!!
If you liked it, share it!!
Bookmark and Share
Please and Thanks!!

p.s.

Today's Ocho-rific Song o the Day WILL arrive
before the clock strikes midnight, for sure!!

p.s.s.
If you love, love, love the Ocho-rific Song o the Day ... or even just kind of like it every once in a while; you can subscribe on Networked Blogs by clicking HERE.  This will link you up on "the facebook"!!  
Click Here to Read More of 
the Ochorific Song o' the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts This Week...

Most Popular Posts of All Time...