Friday, February 11, 2011

02/11/2011 - "Typhoons of Change"

It's no longer the "Winds of Change" for me, my friends ... lately it seems to be more like the "Typhoons of Change".   I've had more on my mind for the last few months than I've wanted ... which has caused me to cocoon for a few days ... and may
cause me to cocoon for a few more.



I've been working on my art and writing ... not my Ocho-rific writing ... 
my super-top-secret-writing stash ... If you follow along in Journey to the Nucleus of my Noggin there's a good chance you'll catch some of it...


Anyhoo - today, in the name of change - I give you
the Scorpions








I folow the Moskva
Down to Gorky Park
Listening to the wind of change
An August summer night
Soldiers passing by
Listening to the wind of change

The world is closing in
Did you ever think
That we could be so close, like brothers
The future's in the air
I can feel it everywhere
Blowing with the wind of change

Take me to the magic of the moment
On a glory night
Where the children of tomorrow dream away
in the wind of change

Walking down the street
Distant memories
Are buried in the past forever
I folow the Moskva
Down to Gorky Park
Listening to the wind of change

Take me to the magic of the moment
On a glory night
Where the children of tomorrow share their dreams
With you and me
Take me to the magic of the moment
On a glory night
Where the children of tomorrow dream away
in the wind of change

The wind of change
Blows straight into the face of time
Like a stormwind that will ring the freedom bell
For peace of mind
Let your balalaika
 sing
What my guitar wants to say

Take me to the magic of the moment
On a glory night
Where the children of tomorrow share their dreams
With you and me
Take me to the magic of the moment
On a glory night
Where the children of tomorrow dream away
in the wind of change 


::Wiki "Facts"::

"Wind of Change" is a 1990 power ballad written by Klaus Meine, vocalist of the German rock band Scorpions. It appeared on their 1990 album Crazy World, but did not become a worldwide hit single until 1991, when it topped the charts in Germany and across Europe, and hit #4 in the United States and #2 in the United Kingdom. It later appeared on the 1995 live album Live Bites, on their 2000 album Moment of Glory, with the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra, and on their 2001 unplugged album Acoustica.
The band also recorded a Russian-language version of the song, under the title Ветер Перемен (Veter Peremen) and a Spanish version called Vientos de Cambio.
The song is currently the 10th best-selling single of all time in Germany.[1]
Worldwide, this single sold over 6 million copies, making it one of the top fifty best selling singles of all time. The Scorpions hold the record for the best-selling single by a German artist and band.[2]

The lyrics celebrate the political changes in Eastern Europe at that time – such as the Polish Round Table Agreement and fall of the Berlin Wall, the increasing freedom in the communist bloc (which soon led to the dissolution of the Soviet Union), and the clearly imminent end of the Cold War.

The Scorpions were inspired to write the song on a visit to Moscow in 1989, and the opening lines refer to the city's landmarks:
I follow the Moskva
Down to Gorky Park
Listening to the wind of change
The Moskva is the name of the river that runs through Moscow (both the city and the river are named identically in Russian), and Gorky Park is the name of an amusement park in Moscow.

the fall of the Berlin Wall

the Moskva River, which runs through Moscow
Gorky Park
a balalaika



My Favorite Version Evah!  Backed by the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra.

Lead singer Klaus Meine told NME: "Everyone was there: the Red Army, journalists, musicians from Germany, from America, from Russia-the whole world on one boat. It was like a vision; everyone was talking the same language. It was a very positive vibe. That night was the basic inspiration for Wind Of Change." (thanks, Edward Pearce - Ashford, Kent, England)


What's happening with the Scorpions NOW?

THE Scorpions are set to rock former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev like a hurricane at his 80th birthday concert in London.

Click Here to Read More of 
the Ochorific Song o' the Day
Until next time...
Have a Grand and Groovy Day!!
 If you liked it, share it!!
Bookmark and Share
Please and Thanks!!

Want MORE of the Ochorific Song of the Day?  May I suggest the "New? Start Here!" page! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts This Week...

Most Popular Posts of All Time...