Thursday, November 4, 2010

11/04/2010 - A Great Vintage T.V. Theme Song!

I had a friend ask me last night what the Ocho-rific Song o the Day was going to be today. 

I hadn't selected it yet and told him that .. and he inquired about how I choose the songs and where I have them all, if there's some magical sheet that I look at.



So today, I'm going to give you an Ocho-rific Song o the Day you would have never guessed in a million years ... I wouldn't have either ...  AND I'm going to explain to you how it happened.

First I'll tell you how I came up with today's song. 

I'm not working at my day job this week, due to my tardiness I've been given a week off, sans pay.  I'd like to go on

record as saying I don't blame my boss at all. I blame myself. I run late ... that's what I do ... I've always been a late runner and I've really been busting my fanny to be on time.  I've smashed a pair of glasses to smithereens and lost two cats in the last month and a half trying to be on time.
He's been more than understanding.

Anywho, this has given me a grand opportunity to catch up on distractions and work on my projects so that I can focus more clearly on getting to work on time next week and every day thereafter as long as I live, a'men!

One of the projects I've been working on this week is photography.  This morning as I prepared to send a Facebook message to the family of a KCoJax Candid Kid, I searched my noggin for a subject line.

The topic of the email was that I'm in the process of creating a photo blog for each shoot.  It gives the subject and their family something that's easily sharable online ...reguardless of if they're on Facebook ...regardless of their connection speed...

It's just a subject line you say?  I want them to know vaguely what this message is about.  People are busy.  If they think it's just another Facebook message telling them to post the color of their panties as their status or click like if they have the best mother, father, son, daughter, dog, cat, guppies, window decorations, new car, old car.. or even the greatest old Aunt Bertha " then they might not open it...

"Picture Pages .... that would be perfect!", I shrieked...

So let me ask you 70's and 80's kids ... (and yes, we're almost to the song...) 
When I say "Picture Pages" .... is there a single one of you who doesn't start singing the song??   :)
I've had it in my head all morning .... I encourage you to enjoy today's trip down true nostalgia lane ...


And now, for today's
Ocho-rific Song o the Day...

Picture Pages Theme Song
- 1978-




::WIKI "FACTS"::

*"Picture Pages" was an educational television segment aimed at preschool children, teaching lessons on basic arithmetic, geometry, and drawing through a series of interactive lessons that used a workbook that viewers would follow along with the lesson.

*"Picture Pages" started on a local Pittsburgh children's show in 1974 with the "Picture Pages" puzzle booklets given away at a supermarket chain. It debuted as a national segment of the Captain Kangaroo show in 1978, in which Captain Kangaroo would do the lessons on his "magic drawing board". Later, the segments were taken over by Bill Cosby and the lessons were used with his marker named "Mortimer Ichabod Marker" (or "MI", for short).[1]
*When the Captain Kangaroo show left CBS in 1984, the segment was adopted as part of Nickelodeon's Pinwheel program until that show was canceled in 1989. The segment was also used as an interstitial program into the early 1990s.

::Extra Goodies::

***

In the video below, Bill Cosby and Mortimer Ichabod marker teach us right and left. 

Mortimer Ichabod (Picture Pages)



***Bill Cosby draws Wellington the Wiggley Worm,
Booker T. Bluebird and their "colonial style" bird house.


Click Here to Read More of 
the Ochorific Song o' the Day
**This blog was brought to you by KCoJax Candids©**
Until next time...
Have a Grand and Groovy Day!!
If you liked it, share it!!
Bookmark and Share
Please and Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts This Week...

Most Popular Posts of All Time...